Scientology Social Media Celebrates L. Ron Hubbard’s Dianetics on its 67th Birthday
67 years after L. Ron Hubbard published the secular ‘Dianetics,’ the 1950 self-help best seller and precursor to the Scientology religion, the Church of Scientology brands its social media channels to celebrate the seminal self-help book’s anniversary.
TODAY WE CELEBRATE THE 67TH ANNIVERSARY OF DIANETICS!
Learn more about Dianetics: http://qoo.ly/f5vav
Five Things to…
Google.com Search Interest In keyword ‘Dianetics’ the last 12 months…
In the year 1950, before just about all of the self-help books you’ve ever heard of, (and even before Norman Vincent Peale’s wildly influential ‘The Power of Positive Thinking’), a “self-help book,” one of the first to define the genre, from a writer previously known for fiction named ‘L. Ron Hubbard,’ was published and went on to become one of the most recognized self-help books of all-time,..it was – “Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health.”
Scientology Social Media Celebrates Dianetics on its 67th Birthday[/tweetthis]
Given the fact that the very same L. Ron Hubbard would later go on to start the always-in-the-news religion of Scientology, it may surprise you to know if unaware, that ‘Dianetics’ was a secular, nonreligious 180,000 word work supposedly written in only 6 weeks, according to Wikipedia.
Below, verbatim, the anniversary announcement from the Church’s Facebook post:
Published May 9, 1950, Dianetics ignited a global movement and laid the groundwork for the Scientology religion.
1. Known as the modern science of mental health, the word Dianetics is derived from Greek dia, “through,” and nous, “mind or soul.” Dianetics is further defined as “what the soul is doing to the body.” When the mind adversely affects the body, it is described as psychosomatic illnesses—physical illnesses caused by the mind or soul.
2. The book is one of 19 basic Dianetics and Scientology books and is available in the 50 languages spoken by 90 percent of the world’s population.
3. When first published, Dianetics appeared on the New York Times bestseller list for 26 consecutive weeks—120 times in total.
4. The book is published by New Era Publications in Copenhagen and Bridge Publications in Los Angeles, the world’s largest all-digital, print-on-demand facilities. More Dianetics and Scientology books have been distributed in the past 10 years than the previous five decades combined.[/tweetit]
5. Smithsonian Magazine listed L. Ron Hubbard among the 100 most significant Americans of all time and the 11 most influential religious figures in American history, citing Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health and the founding of the Scientology religion.
A Dianetics video from the Church of Scientology’s YouTube channel: